What is special in SGT, Why Faculty of Law at SGT
1. Experienced teachers from reputed Universities;
2. Curricula and syllabi at par with National Law Universities;
3. Faculty offers interaction with distinguished Lawyers and Law Firms for Live Case Handling Experience;
5. Collaborations and Association with Foreign Professors;
6. Teaching Foreign Legal System to face the challenges of Globalization;
7. Maximum Number of opportunities for interaction with Legal Luminaries through seminars,
8. Conferences and interactive sessions;
9. MoUs with Professional Institutions like Indian National Bar Association, CIRC, etc;
10. Inbuilt coaching modules for Judicial Services and Civil Services Examination.
The faculty of Law came in to existence with its approval by the Bar Council of India vide its letter no. BCI: D: 336 /2014 (LE) dated 15/5/2014.
SGT University felt the need to establish this Faculty of Law for providing highest quality professional legal education to equip Indian students for a trans-national practice and to face challenges posed by globalization.
The Faculty of Law offers the following programmes
The Faculty of Law comprises of very eminent faculty members with rich experience of working in premier universities of the country.
The Faculty of Law adopts clinical method of teaching to hone up lawyering, arbitration, mediation and client counselling skills. The Faculty of Law follows a continuous evaluation scheme wherein mooting is made a mandatory part of the curriculum to enable students to acquire marks/grades by arguing cases.
Dedication – In whatever we do
Honesty – In all walks of life
Humane Approach – To every issue
Integrity – In adherence to a strict moral/ethical code
Respect – For all
Selflessness – In service to humanity
Sincerity – In everything we commit
The Faculty of Law at SGT University was established in the year 2014 with the mission of providing quality legal education to students coming from diverse social and cultural backgrounds. Our main objective is to provide a stimulating and academically rich environment to students, so that they can be groomed into becoming enlightened and hardworking legal professionals to compete with the best at the National and International levels.
The Faculty of Law aspires to create legal professionals dedicated towards advancing human dignity, promoting social welfare and providing justice to the aggrieved people. Our aim is to build a world class law school which would produce competent lawyers, judges, academicians, legal consultants and civil servants to implement judiciously the ideals and aspirations as enshrined under the Constitution of India..”