|PROGRAMME||SEMESTER||COURSE NAME||COURSE CODE|
|LLB (Hons.) 3 Year||IV||Corporate Law – II|
CORPORATE LAW – II
Module I: Share Capital
1.1 Issue and allotment of shares
1.2 Transfer and transmission of shares
1.3 Forfeiture and buyback of shares
1.4 Share certificate and share warrant
Module II: Debentures & Charges
2.1 Borrowing Powers, effect of unauthorized borrowings
2.2 Debentures: Definition, Kinds, Distinction between Debenture and share.
2.3 Company Charges : Kinds of Charges, Crystallisation
2.4 Inter-corporate Loans (S-186)
2.5 Dividend: Rules & Procedure
Module III: Company Auditors, Investigation and Inspection
3.1 Legal Position, Appointment, Removal, Duties and Powers.
3.2 Distinction between Investigation and Inspection, Power of Inspection
Module IV: Majority Rule and Rights of Minority shareholder
4.1 The Rule in Foss v Harbottle, exceptions
4.2 Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
Module V: Winding up of Companies
5.1 Modes of Winding up, who may file petition of Winding up.
5.2 Winding up by Tribunal
5.3 Voluntary Winding up
5.4 Liability of past members
- Avtar Singh , “Company Law”, Eastern Book Company, Allahabad
- K. Majumdar & Dr. G.K. Kapoor, “Company Law”, 15th Edition, Taxmann Publication, New Delhi.
- A Ramaiya’s Guide to the COMPANIES ACT, LexisNexis Publication, Nagpur
- Sharma J.P, “ An easy Approach to Corporate Laws”, Anne Books Pvt Ltd, New Delhi
- Bharat Law House, New Delhi, “ Manual of Companies Act, Corporate Laws and SEBI Guidelines”
- Wadhwa and company,” A Ramaiya Guide to Companies Act, Nagpur.
- Kannal, S., & V.S. Sowrirajan.” Company law Procedure”, Taxman’s Allied Services (P) Ltd., New Delhi
- “Singh Harpal,” Indian Company Act” Galgotia Publising, Delhi
- Charlsworth & Mores,” Company Law”, Sweet & Maxwell”, London U.K.
Gower, LCB, “ Principles of Modern Company Law”, Stevens & Sons, London