BBA LLB (Hons) 5 Year
Jurisprudence – II
JURISPRUDENCE – II
Module – I Legal Rights & Duties
- Definition, Basis & Characteristics of Legal Rights & Duties
- Kinds of Legal Rights
- Relation between Rights & Duties
Module – II Principles of Liability
- Theories of Remedial Liability
- Theories of Penal Liability
- Liability & Negligence
- Absolute Liability
Module – III Personality
- Concept of Legal person, Dead person & Corporate person
- Theories of Legal Personality: – Fiction Theory; Concession Theory; Bracket Theory; Realist Theory; Purpose Theory & Kelson’s Theory
Module – IV State, Sovereignty & Theories of Justice
- Nature & Functions of State & its relationship with Law
- Nature & Development with Sovereignty
- Concept of Justice & Theories of Justice
Module – V Feminist Legal Theory
- Concept of Feminism
- Theories of Feminism
- Patriarchal System
Module – VI Possession & Ownership
- Possession in Fact and Possession in Law
- Relation between Possession & Ownership
- Rights of Possessor and Kinds of Possession
- Bodenheimer Jurisprudence – The philosophy and Methods of Law (1996), Universal Publication, Delhi.
- Fitzgerald, (ed.) Salmond on Jurisprudence (1999).
- Tripathi, Bombay W. Friedman, Legal Theory (1999) Universal Pub., Delhi.
- V. D. Mahajan, Jurisprudence and Legal Theory (1996 re-print), Eastern Books, Lucknow.
- M.D.A. Freeman (ed.), Lloyd’s Introduction to Jurisprudence, (1994), Sweet and Maxwell.
- Paton G. W. Jurisprudence (1972), Oxford, ELBS.
- H.L.A. Hart, The Concept of Law (1970), Oxford, ELBS.
- Rescoe Pound, Introduction to the Philosophy of Law (1998 Re-print), Universal Pub., Delhi.
- Dias, Jurisprudence (1994), Adithya Books, New Delhi.
- Dhyani S. N. Jurisprudence: A study of Indian Legal Theory (1985), Metropolitan, New Delhi.
- M.P. Tondon, Jurisprudence Legal Theory, Allahabad Law Agency.
- Dr. Vijay Ghormade, Jurisprudence and Legal Theory, Hind Law House.
- N.V. Pranjape, Studies in Jurisprudence and legal theory, Central Law Agency.
- N.V. Jayakumar, Lectures in Jurisprudence, 2nd Ed., Lexis-Nexis.
- Dr. B.N. Mani Tripathi, Jurisprudence Legal Theory, Allahabad Law Agency.
- P.S. Atchthew Pillai, Jurisprudence and Legal Theory, Eastern Book Company.
- Prof. G.C. Venkata Subba Rao, Jurisprudence and Legal Theory, Eastern Book Comp.