BBA.LLB (Hons.) 5 Yrs.
Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management
The objective of the course is to familiarize students with the different aspects of managing Human Resources in the organization through the phases of acquisition, development and retention.
Introduction: History & Evolution of HRM, Concept, Scope, Characteristics, Objectives & Importance of HRM, Personnel Management vs. HRM.
Case study: Conceptualize and get sacked
Acquisition of Human Resources: Concept of Human resource Planning, Objectives, Need and importance, Process of Human Resource planning, Problems in Human Resource Planning, Requisites for successful Human Resource Planning.
Job Analysis: Introduction, Uses of Job Analysis, Process of Job Analysis, Job Description and Job Specification.
Recruitment: Introduction to recruitment, Factors governing Recruitment, Process & Sources of recruitment
Selection: Meaning of Selection, Steps in selection process, Selection Tests & Interviews
Placement, Induction & Job Changes: Concept of Placement, Concept of Induction, Concept of Transfer, types of transfer, Concept of Promotion, Promotion Policy
Case Study: A tale of Twists and Turns
Training: Concept and importance of training; types of training; methods of training; designing of a training programme; evaluation of training effectiveness
Executive Development: Concept, process and techniques.
Career planning and development: Concept, objectives and process.
Case Study: Vishal Fast Foods Private Ltd.
Job evaluation: Concept & Essentials of Job Evaluation, Methods of Job evaluation.
Performance Appraisal: Concept, importance, process of performance Appraisal, methods of Performance Appraisal, Job evaluation Vs. Performance Appraisal.
Compensation: Introduction to Compensation Management, Objectives & Components of Compensation.
Case Study: Should Job Evaluation plan be specific or General
- International Dimensions of Human Resource Management: Introduction to International Human Resource Management, understanding role of cultural in International Management Practice; HRM Practices as a cultural variable. International HRM on Productivity, Quality of Work Life and Bottom Line
- Chhabra, T. N; Human Resource Management; Dhanpati Rai and Co. Pvt. Ltd New Delhi 2003.
- Dr. Gupta, C. B.; Human Resource Management, Sultan Chand and Sons, New Delhi, 2003.
- Flippo, Edwin B., Personnel Management, Tata McGraw Hill.
- Rao, V S P, Human Resource Management, Text and Cases, Excel Books, 2004.
- Aswathappa, K.; Human Resource and Personnel Management (Text and Cases), Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company, New Delhi, 2003
- Dessler, Gary; Human Resource Management; Prentice Hall.
- D’Cenzo, David A & Stephen P.Robbin, Personnel Human Resource Management, Prentice Hall of India.
- Beardwell, Ian & Len Holden, Human Resource Management, Macmillan, Delhi.