BA.LLB (Hons.) 5 Year
Module I: Meaning, Nature & Classification of company
1.1 Meaning & Definition of company
1.2 Classification of companies: OPC, Body corporate, Private and Public Companies, Government companies, Foreign and Multinational companies.
1.3 Advantages & Disadvantages of incorporation – Lifting of Corporate Veil
1.4 Formation of Company – Promoters, Legal position, Rights& Liabilities of Promoters.
Module II: Memorandum of Association
2.1 Definition & Purpose of Memorandum
2.2 Contents of Memorandum
2.3 Doctrine of Ultra Vires
Module III: Articles of Association
3.1 Content of Articles of Association
3.2 Distinction between MOA and AOA
3.3 Alteration of MOA and AOA
3.4 Doctrine of constructive Notice & Doctrine of Indoor Management
Module IV: Prospectus and Share Capital
4.1 Prospectus: Contents, Registration, liability for Mis-statements in prospectus, Civil and Criminal Liability.
4.2 Share capital: Kinds of capital and shares.
4.3 Member and Shareholders: Rights and Duties
Module V: Company Directors, Managerial Persons and Company Meetings
5.1 Company Directors: Appointment, Removal, Legal Position, Powers, duties, Liabilities, Audit Committee, Independent directors.
5.2 Company Secretary and Managing Director – Duties and Liabilities
5.3 Company Meetings: Kinds, Notice, quorum, Directors Meeting.
Module VI: Emerging Issues in Company Law
6.1 Director Identity Number (DIN), Corporate Identity Number (CIN) Online Filing & Registration
6.2 Corporate Governance
6.3 Corporate Social Responsibility
6.4 Insider Trading
6.5 National Company Law Tribunal
- Avtar Singh , “Company Law”, Eastern Book Company., Allahabad
- K. Majumdar & Dr. G.K. Kapoor, “Company Law”, 15th Edition, Taxmann Publication, New Delhi.
- A Ramaiya’s Guide to the COMPANIES ACT, LexisNexis Publication, Nagpur
- Sharma J.P, “ An easy Approach to Corporate Laws”, Ane Books Pvt Ltd, New Delhi
- Bharat Law House, New Delhi, “ Manual of Companies Act, Corporate Laws and SEBI Guidelines”
- Wadhwa and company,” A Ramaiya Guide to Companies Act, Nagpur.
- Kannal, S., & V.S.Sowrirajan.” Company law Procedure”, Taxman’s Allied Services (P) Ltd., New Delhi
- “Singh Harpal,” Indian Company Act” Galgotia Publising, Delhi
- Charlsworth & Mores,” Company Law”, Sweet & Maxwell”, London U.K.
- Gower, LCB, “ Principles of Modern Company Law”, Stevens & Sons, London